Holiday Hangover

I am not starting out the New Year very well. I'm so behind already. Ugh! Who else needs a vacation from the holidays?

Christmas at the Wallace residence was a white one (which was fabulous) and fairly quiet and uneventful which is the way we like it. Addison had no idea which day Santa actually comes (even though we told her multiple times) but it was a blessing in disguise b/c she slept until 9 a.m. on Christmas day and actually ate breakfast before diving into her presents. Pretty sure next year will be different. :o) She was super excited to get a baby doll set that included a high chair, baby swing and stroller however, she was not so happy when Mommy took it back to the store (it was literally falling apart when we were putting it together). Addison furrowed her brow at the lady behind the return counter and demanded, "baby's seat back!". It was pretty hilarious. I had to promptly replace that set with something a little more durable to avoid the next 2yr old civil war.

Eric and Addison playing Play-Doh on Christmas Eve












Christmas Eve and the Hatch's



Christmas Day


Addison & Eric heading out to play in the snow on Christmas day.

Addison and I were very fortunate to spend the 23rd with our dear friends the Faulkners (Eric was working) and attended a wonderful Christmas service at their church. The singers were amazing! I can't carry a tune so I was totally envious. We spent Christmas Eve with a family from our ward which was wonderful. The dinner was fab! Christmas day was a lazy day at home and we spent the week after Christmas with Addison's surrogate grandparents, Tim (Poppa) and Julie (Me-Me) Bertram, at Lake Norman in NC. We absolutely adore them and have adopted them as our own. The Bertram's have a beautiful cottage on the lake fully equipped with a roaring fireplace and lots of food. The perfect way to unwind after the holiday rush. Addison had many more gifts under their tree awaiting her and she took a ride in their boat too. I think her favorite part was feeding the ducks. We couldn't see a duck for miles but Eric would call them and shake the bread bag and they would come! What a trip! They must have been really hungry. They would get so close that Eric actually petted one. Needless to say, Addison hated to leave Mee-Mee and Poppa's and so did we.

We drove home New Year's Eve and Eric had some opportunity to catch up on a few moonlighting shifts before he started the CCU in January and before baby boy Wallace comes. Addison met Santa for the first time during this time too. That was hysterical. She didn't cry and she wasn't scared. She just kept giving him the evil eye. We tried to get a picture of it but they didn't turn out well so they gave her a candy cane and she and Santa both looked utterly unenthused for their picture. LOL

Santa looks thrilled doesn't he?!

2 comments:

  1. That Santa picture is the BEST EVER!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahah! That's like on a greeting card or something....it looks like they BOTH have holiday hangovers! I just can't believe how BIG Addison is getting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the funniest Santa picture I have EVER seen!

    ReplyDelete