Bryson is Here!!

I'm totally ashamed because it's been a little over 2 months since the baby was born and I am just now posting pics of him. Honestly, I we have been in total survival  mode. I feel like I am herding cats! Those of you with more than 2 kids, you are amazing people! How do you do it?

Well, long story short, Bryson arrived at 3:39 PM on January 31, 2011. He was 7 lbs 9 oz and had a TON of hair that was perfectly parted on the side. He was born at University of Kentucky, Chandler Medical Center.

The week before I had him, I was having major contractions and was crazy uncomfortable. Eric was working a lot of overnight shifts and told me to try NOT to have the baby b/c he didn't really have coverage. So, I stayed put on the couch and poor little Addison was really sick with a nasty virus so she sat beside me, burning up with fever, and we watched about 500 hours of Mickey Mouse.

My ANGEL, Julie Bertram, who basically helped me raise Addison (after I decided to go back to work after having her) came to our rescue. She drove 7 hours from NC to help take care of me and Addison. She was truly a blessing. If I wasn't so huge, I would have leapt into her arms when she showed up at my front door!

I went into the hospital on the 1/31 for an induction (even though the baby was due on 2/5) b/c Eric's schedule was so hectic that we were trying to have this baby when he (Eric) could actually be around to witness the birth! Oh, the wonderful life of a doctor. Anyway, only after about 1.5 hours on pitocin, my water broke on it's own and we were off to the races. I did end up being a wuss and got an epidural about half way through but it only really took on one side. So, you amazing, amazon, natural child birthing women, I can say that I feel only half your pain but that was enough for me!

Here are a few pics of Bryson Dean Wallace. He is an angel, a blessing and the most amazing little man I have ever laid eyes on. Of course I am totally biased. I didn't understand how I could love another as much as I love Addison but the Lord has a way of making it so. Addison LOVES her new brother. She is constantly "petting" him and kissing him and trying to feed him Cheerios and such. Eric and I honestly don't know what we did before these two little monsters. I think we slept a whole lot more but we definitely never had a love like we do now. Our lives are so much more complete. We wouldn't change a thing.







4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! He's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shay,
    Congratulations you guys! I can see Addison in him! 2 is so much fun, but it does keep you busy! I love looking at your blog and seeing how your doing! I hope your all well! Love,Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's adorable, congratulations! I am due in less than 6 weeks and very nervous about how to take care of a newborn AND a toddler! You must give me tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious boy! Good to catch up on all you're up to! Enjoy two! It's the BEST EVER!

    ReplyDelete